The process is designed to ensure fair selection of papers.
All papers are read by the journal editorial team before being sent for review, to ensure that only those papers that are more likely to meet our publishing criteria are sent for review. This is done to save reviewers’ time, and to enable a faster process for authors. The following process is then applied:
1. Complying/suitable papers are allocated to Associate Editors to arrange for anonymous reviews from two reviewers. The reviewers provide their reviews, also recommending one of the following next steps:
- – Accept; – Accept with Minor Revisions; – Accept with Major Revisions; Reject with Right to Resubmit; – Reject.
2. On receipt of reviews, papers are returned to Authors together with blinded reviews to make the required revisions and re-submit. In the rare event when a paper is accepted without revisions, the paper is published on FirstView and sent for production.
3. The resubmitted papers are then sent back to reviewers to re-evaluate.
4. The second round of Reviews are then returned to the Chief Editors together with the opinion of Associate Editors.
5. The Chief Editor discusses arising ethical issues (if any) with the Board; as well as whether any of the papers need to be returned to Reviewers for a third and final evaluation.
6. Accepted papers are published in First View, and sent for formatting.
7. After formatting, the whole Issue is published online.